Friday November 28 2014
Saturday November 29 2014
- Itchy Feet London 11-3 | Entry: £8 ADV/£10 OTD | See MoreMore Details
It’s time to shimmy shake it up.
We’re moving. We’ve done West, North and East. It’s time we go full circle, and hit up South of the River. We’re packing our bags and coming for ya Brixton. Our new haunt – the Prince of Wales – is a cabaret of the highest calibre, a stone’s throw away from the Brixton underground. Our debut gig here is on the 29th of November so prepare your Oyster card or get a wet suit ready for your swim across the Thames… either way we’ll be seeing you there!
Amongst this change you can of course trust us to provide you with the best sounds of the last generation, the perfect blend of class and crass. Music taken seriously, which doesn’t take itself seriously, which means you can let loose with our DJ’s all night and not feel too guilty about it in the morning…
We can’t wait to see you there and in the meantime love having this little number stuck in our heads:
We’re gonna rock down to Electric Avenue, And then we’ll take it higher…
If you’re not familiar to Itchy Feet – welcome!
In Summary, we’re a collective of DJs and events people who spend our time touring around the UK throwing parties. We got bored of listening to the same old tunes, or going to weird nights that were focused all the wrong things, and decided to host our own.
Since the attic we launched in, on a Leeds backstreet in 2007, a lot has changed, but not the basic premis – all you need for a great party, is awesome music, and awesome people.
Most importantly – our music is differnet. Funk, Soul, Rock n Roll, Rhyhthm & Blues, Reggae and Ska – at Itchy Feet – it’s all about the old. Find out more here
Friday December 5 2014
- Brixton Boogaloo – Grooveschool Presents: The Big One with Terry Francis 10-4 | Entry: £5 | See MoreMore Details
A veritable feast of DJ’s bringing top tunes throughout 3 rooms of this great venue all door money and donations going direct to the Community Projects Grooveschool provide
Terry Francis Nathan Coles Murf Sam Russo Tom Gillieron
Andy Powell Andy Nicholls Rob Fung Alex Saviddes Lloyd Awakeman Missy Woo-Woo Matt
Ollie Drummond Mark Collings Mr South
Renea Lewis Josh
Lukeey Jay, Simon Parkinson, Damian Byrne, Richie Littler
Tickets now available on Resident Advisor - http://
we’d love you to join us for this special evening
spread the word, much love
Saturday December 6 2014
- ROOTIKAL BDAY with AL CAMPBELL, CHANNEL ONE, ED WEST powered by UNIT 137 SOUND SYSTEM 9-5 | Entry: £6 -£9 | See MoreMore DetailsOn Saturday the 6th of December, we celebrate our sixth birthday and we come with an all killer, no filler, Rootikal line up.Firstly, we have the return of the great Al Campbell, his first Rootikal PA show in well over three years. Anyone with even a passing interest in reggae will know the work of Al Campbell, a singer and producer of deep roots, soulful lovers and the toughest dancehall. His musical career started in the 60s at Studio One and he’s still cutting great sides today. We can’t wait to hear him in session again.The mighty Channel One will also be in the house, and Mikey and Ras Kayleb will be able to deliver with weight as we’ll have the Unit 137 sound system powering the dance. It’s always a joy to have Channel One selecting at Rootikal.From the Unit 137 crew we have Ed West, fine selector, producer and drummer in The Drop, and most recent signing to the Tru Thoughts label via their new Sharp And Ready sound system music A&R. Ed is joined by RTKal on the mic, and there is also DJ set from Unit 137 head honcho, Hylu.The Rootikal crew of David Hill, Stuart Patterson, Mr Faso will also be running tunes, with Oxman joining them on the mic, and in room 2 we have Real Roots and Stereochemist.Rootikal birthday dance with Al Campbell, Channel One – Mikey Dread & Ras Kayleb, Unit 137 – Ed West, RTKal & Hylu, David Hill, Mr Faso, Stuart Patterson, Oxman, Real Roots and Stereochemist. Powered Unit 137 Sound System.Saturday 6th December 2014, 9pm – 5amAdmission: limited earlybird tickets at £6, then some £9 – and it will be more on the door (subject to availability) from tickettailor.com or residentadvsiorPrince of Wales, 467-469 Brixton Road, London SW9 8HHConscious reggae for rootikal people
Thursday December 11 2014
- Always Be Comedy – Derek Special! With Kerry Godliman, Brett Goldstein and Brian Gittins! 8- | Entry: £11 ADV | See MoreMore Details
Always Be Comedy is having a Derek special with three of the show’s stars, who happen to be three of the best comedians around: Kerry Godliman, Brett Goldstein and Brian Gittins!
Kerry Godliman: ‘Goes for the jugular. Quick wit, frank and engaging’ (The Independent); ‘A great comic who oozes personality’ (Evening Standard).
Brett Goldstein: Winner of the Best New Show Award at Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival, star of Love Matters and co-star in Derek.
‘One of the best comedy characters of the decade’ – RickyGervais
As ever, James Gill is on hand to MC.
Please note, Always Be Comedy reserves the right to remove or substitute acts when required.
Friday December 12 2014
- Vocool – 2nd Anniversary Show & Christmas Party 8-4 | Entry: £10-£12 | See MoreMore DetailsVocool welcomes you to its 2nd anniversary show and Christmas party, after 2 years we have seen Vocool grow into one of London hotest events to showcase new and exciting talent alongside the odd sprinkle of established performers.
Come down to The Prince is Wales in the POW live room as Vocool in the festival spirit celebrates Christmas and our anniversary
We welcome again to Vocool our headline act top comedian Richard Blackwood, alongside the host of Top Secrect Comedy Josephine Lacey, singer / poet FLOetic Lara, singer Sean London and from Derby Elektric and band.
Vocool’s residents DJ’s Ceesix, TC Fords and The Original Doctor are some of the finest DJ’s in London and the Vocool after party in itself is worth the entrance fee as we continue the party vibes till the early hours playing playing old school soul, R & B, Raggae, RAP, party anthems and those dance floor fillers you won’t be disappointed.
CHARITY ( Please not the #FIGHTforRASHARD fund does not have charity status )
Every month at Vocool we support a charity and good cause to raise funds and awareness for their particular cause.
For this event we invite the family of Rashard, a 10 year old diagnosed with a Britain tumour as they raise fund to support Rahshards treatment. You can make a donation at the ticket purchase page, even if you can’t purchase a ticket a small donation would be most welcome for this worthy cause.
I would like to thanks our sponsors for this event
Jerk Shack restaurant : Mula Cake fashion : Afokai Enterprsie foods : Tia’s Salon :
for more info on our sposors please check the Vocool website.
Saturday December 13 2014
- THROWBAAK – Christmas Fancy Dress Special 10-4 | Entry: £7 before 12/£10 after | See MoreMore Details
Come and celebrate the end of the year with the ThrowBaak Christmas fancy dress special, as we play the best in 70’s & 80’s Soul, Funk, Disco, Rare Grooves and Boogie whilst taking you on a nostalgic musical journey.
On the night, you’ll be entertained by DJ Chuks, alongside DJ 279 aka Numbers and our special guest DJ Billy Biznizz.
This is our FANCY DRESS SPECIAL so anything goes……. Here are a few Ideas for you: Classic B Boy/B Girl – The Roller Skating Look – 70s Style – You Decide!
Just make sure you can still make moves on the dance-floor and don’t forget to practice your funky steps for the Jnr Mac Soul Train Line.
If you missed out on your copy of the latest ThrowBaak Mix CD from our November party, you can head on over to our download page and get it here:http://bit.ly/1mYBWH8
Date: Saturday 13th December Address: The POW, 469 Brixton Road, London, SW9 8HH Entry: £7 before 12/£10 after Doors: 10pm – 4am Age: Over 25’s Email: email@example.com Phone: 07903517665 Website: www.throwbaak.com Facebook Event: http://on.fb.me/1yJzIS9
Thursday December 18 2014
- Kevin J’s Comedy Mash Up 7-11 | Entry: £7-£8 | See MoreMore Details
The star of MTV’s Comedy Funhouse and BBC’s Radio 1, Kevin J, presents a night packed with the very best in stand up, sketch and variety. With special guests:
Star of BBC Radio 1 Xtra’s Comedy Club and Black Tie Comedy Award Nominee
‘Chaotic comic theatre…original and ambitious’
Star of BBC3’s Impractical Jokers ‘Hilarious’ – ★★★★★ SCOTSMAN
Saturday December 20 2014
Wednesday December 31 2014
- Slide & Get Diverted NYE 2014 w/ Gilles Peterson, Simbad, Eskimo Twins 9-6 | Entry: £15-£40 | See MoreMore Details
Gilles Peterson (BBC 6Music) Simbad (Brownswood / Worldwide Family) Elijah Collins. Rob Alldritt. Lloyd Wakeman
Eskimo Twins (Throne Of Blood) Russell Wayne. Jason Marsham & Patrick Cresswell. Caroline Banx
Lower Covered Terrace //
Lloyd Evans. MB
BUY TICKETS > http://
After the sell out success of the last 3 years with Derrick Carter, Todd Terje and Greg Wilson, we welcome back legendary crate digger and BBC 6Music favourite Gilles Peterson to headline our NYE party, alongside regular cohort Simbad, whilst the Eskimo Twins head up affairs in the boudoir.
Gilles Peterson joins us for NYE after superb summer ‘Up On The Roof’ parties over the last three years.
Starting off life as a club DJ, Gilles continues to spin passionately around the world. From Kazakhstan to Hackney, Istanbul, New York, Beijing and beyond … he has always seen himself first and foremost as a selector of discs for the Dance!
The formula for Gilles’ radio shows is a simple one: the finest new music he can lay his hands on…In addition to his BBC 6 Music show, Gilles records a separate weekly Worldwide programme that is syndicated to 8 stations across the globe including France’s avant-garde Radio Nova, VRT StuBru-Belgium, Arrow FM in the Netherlands, CRO Wave- Czech Republic, FM4 in Austria, Radio X and WDR Funkhaus Europa – Germany.
Every year, the musical heroes of the global underground are brought together and honoured at the Worldwide Awards – an annual celebration of the best music from the show that year held in London and hosted by Gilles.
Today, Peterson is at the forefront of his own independent label – Brownswood Recordings.
Support across the venue.